As William was cursed with the form of the wolf, Marcus' curse was far worse. William had become a predator in appearance only. William still had his senses, however marred it is with the feral nature. Marcus was changed to become predatory in every sense.
With the curse , Marcus slowly lose both his humanity and conscience. He too was transformed in appearance as well. His teeth grew longer and he thirst for something no food nor drink could fulfill. In the dark of night, during an encounter with a careless maiden, Marcus' found that blood alone could satiate him.
Unlike William, Marcus relished in his monstrous power and he continued preying on people.Tales tell of unfortunate travelers who fell prey to Marcus. Eventually, the villagers found out but it was too late. Marcus had simply disappeared into the night, never to be seen again.
Many speculated the true story behind the Corvinus Brother. Some say the Corvinus brothers was turned into monsters when they offended the most powerful Witch in the world then. No one could say who is right or wrong.
Yet the Legend of the Corvinus Brother still lives on in both the shifter and vampire world. Unlike in the traditional Dracula novels, the vampiric race does not fear the sun. True, they were sensitive to the sunlight but they would never burn. They are not the unfeeling undead. Vampires breed true and dalliance with humans always result in vampires being born.
The vampires are divided into two groups. Those who never tested living blood in their live are known as Virgins. Those are the lucky ones.When a vampire first taste blood, they would have to live with a thirst all their lives. Tales have been told of unwilling vampires being forcefully given their first taste of blood and become the slave to other person.
- +2 Charisma, –2 Constitution: Vampires are fast and seductive, but closer to death than most mortals.
- Senses: Low-light vision and darkvision 60 feet.
- Undead Resistance: Vampiress gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects.
- Light Sensitivity: Vampires are dazzled in areas of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Negative Energy Affinity: Vampires are alive, but reacts to positive and negative energy as if it were undead—positive energy harms it, negative energy heals it.
- Blood Drain : A vampire can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if the vampire establishes or maintains a pin, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage. The vampire heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to its full normal hit points) for each round you make a successful attack. You can choose to not gain this power. If you do, you also do not gain the blood dependency trait described below. Anytime , you can choose to manifest this power. If you do, you gain the blood dependency trait
- Blood Dependency: If a vampire does not use its blood drain ability against a living creature once per day, it must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or become fatigued. Each day after the ﬁrst that the half-vampire does not drink blood directly from a living creature, the DC increases by 1 until itfails the save and becomes fatigued. After that, it must make a DC 20 Fortitude save each week (with the DC increasing by1 each week thereafter) that it does not use its blood drain or become exhausted.The fatigue or exhaustion caused by blood dependency cannot be eliminated by rest (though magic can offset the condition until the vampire fails another save). Using its blood drain ability eliminates a half-vampire’s fatigue immediately, or reduces exhaustion to fatigue
- Gift of the Dark: The Vampire could choose of the following gift:
Fortitude(Ex): The Vampire gains a +2 to his natural armor
Undead Resistance(Su) : Choose either electricity or cold. You gain a 10 to the chosen energy type
Charm Gaze (Su): Some vampires can charm humanoid or monstrous humanoid opponents just by looking into their eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except that the vampire must use a standard action, and those merely looking at the half-vampire are not affected. Anyone the half-vampire targets must make a successful Will save or fall under the half-vampire’s inﬂuence as though affected by a charm monster spell (caster level equal to the character level). Any creature that successfully saves against a vampire’s charm gaze cannot be affected by that half-vampire’s charm gaze for 24 hours. The ability has a range of 30 feet.
The vampire can use this ability once per day. For every five character level he possess, he gains one more use of the ability.